Tuesday, October 8, 2013

BR 2-05: Mike's Lucky Day


"Can we start again? I'm going to be at the Broadway Coffee House this evening at 8:00. Can you meet me there? Please!" (Dunkling, 2000, p.15)

Mike, a new assistant to a van driver, and Bill are going to Morgan's now. Mr. Morgan's daughter, Jennifer, is always in the shop. First day, Mike and Jennifer made a favorable impression on each other (I think) and he likes her very much. Next Monday, Bill, the van driver, says to Jennifer "Jennifer has got beautiful eyes! And Mike likes your hair." Mike telephoned her later and she is going to the cinema with him. However... the date day, Mike gets a lot of problems, for example, no cars or buses in the street are moving... so he is very late and Jennifer isn't at cinema. What will he do after the bad day?

I chose this book reasonably but for the first time I thought I would like to choose this book as book reviews so I'm writing now. This story is retold by Leslie Dunkling. This is in the Penguin Readers Beginner and written in British English. Its YL is 1.0, so it is written 1900 words (about 15 pages) but this book is far shorter than I expected. Maybe you can read this book for minutes. This story is interesting, and I recommend you to read this book.

[228 words]

Leslie Dunkling. (1998). Mike's Lucky Day. Essex, England: Penguin.

No comments:

Post a Comment