Tuesday, April 9, 2013

placement essay

Dear my host family 
Nice to meet you! My name is Yukie. Thank you for having me at your home. Please let me introduce myself.
 I’m 19 years old, and go to university. My university is KGU. I live in Kumamoto, Japan with my family. There is a Kumamoto castle near my house.
 My hobbies are cooking sweets, walking, playing the tenor saxophone, and listening to music. When I was a junior high school and a high school student, I joined the brass band club.
 I have a younger sister and a younger brother. She is 17 years old and he is 16 years old.
I don’t have any pets. Do you have pets?
I’m not in any clubs now.
It’s my first time to study abroad. I want to go to many beautiful places. My English skill is poor, but I want to improve my English during this challenge.
 How is the weather? Is it hot? I like winter better than summer, but there are many events in summer. I look forward to those events. Which do you like better, hot or cold? When is your birthday? My birthday is in December.
 What did you do at New Year’s? I went to my grandfather’s house and spent time with my family. My grandfather’s birthday is January 1st, so my family celebrated it and ate cake. I like cooking sweets, and I made cake, sweet potatoes, and pudding for the New Year’s Day.
 Are you interested in Japan? If you were interested in Japan, I would tell you about my country. I’m interested in your country, so please tell me many things about your country and you!
I’m looking forward to meeting you! See you!


288 words

No comments:

Post a Comment