Thursday, April 11, 2013

Essay 1-01a: Dear Host Family

 Hi, I’m Yukie. Thank you for having me at your home. I’m 19 years old girl. I’m KGU student, and my major is English. I live in Kumamoto, Japan with my family, dad, mam, a younger sister, and a younger brother.

  My hobbies are watching movies, cooking sweets, walking, playing the saxophone, and listening to music. When I was a junior high school and a high school student, I joined the brass band club and played the tenor saxophone every day.

  I want to be an English teacher in the future. When I was a junior high school student, I learned English for the first time. I became to be interested in and like it very much. Since then, I studied English very hard, but it was just to enter the university. I entered KGU last year, and I found that I’m not good at speaking and listening. I regretted that I didn’t challenge when I was a junior school and a high school student, so I decided to improve my English skills. When we are talking, if I make mistakes with pronounce and grammar, please teach me. I’m really glad to study abroad!

  I live in Kumamoto, Japan. It is located in west Japan. There are many beautiful places to visit. Have you ever been to Kumamoto? If you haven’t been there, let’s go! My house is located in near Kumamoto castle. It is very nice place!

  This homestay is second time for me. At the age of a fifth grader, I went to Korea for a week and experienced homestay 2 days and 1 night. This homestay is longer than first time challenge, so I’m nervous now, but I really look forward to. Let’s talk a lot! See you soon!

[293 words]

6 comments:

  1. Hey!
    Let's work hard studying together!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!
    Your dream is wonderful!
    I think that you will be a good teacher in the future.
    You will do your best!

    Nonoka

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm good at making sweet.
    What sweet are you good at cooking??

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to go to Korea.
    How did you do at homestay of Korea?
    What did you do in there?
    Please tell me your experience someday!

    Nonoka

    ReplyDelete