Wednesday, April 24, 2013

BR 1-03: Stone Soup

"I can make soup from a stone" (Sims, 2009, p.6).

This story is based on an old folktale from Europe.
In some countries, it is called Nail Soup and a nail is used instead of a stone.

Once, there was a poor man.
He came to a cottage.
An old woman opened the door.
"May I rest here for a while?"
"No! Go away."
"I can make soup from a stone," said the man.
"You can?"...
What happens to her?
I though that if a poor man came to my cattage, what would I do.



This story is retold by Lesley Sims. This is in the Usborne First Reading series.
It's a level 2 book, so it is short story (about 30 pages) and easy to read.
I recommend that you read this book.

Reference
Sims, Lesley. (2009). Stone Soup. London, England: Userbone.

[142 words]


No comments:

Post a Comment