Wednesday, May 22, 2013

BR 1-08: King Midas and the Gold

"I love gold." (Frith, 2008, p.10)

King Midas was a real king. He lived in Ancien Greece around 3,000 years ago. An old legend says he went to the river Pactolus to wash. This river is in modern day Turkey. People still say that the stones on the river bed sparkle with gold.

 

King Midas was very rich.
He was kind, too.
One day, he met an old man.
"I'm lost!"
Midas helped the man to find his house.
"My son is a god," said the old man.
"He can give you a wish."
What will King Midas ask?
What will happen to the bottle?

This story is retold by Alex, Frith. This is in the Usborne First Reading series.
It's a level 1 book, so it is short story (about 23 pages) and easy to read.
This story made me smile :))
I recommend you to read this book.

150 words

Frith, Alex. (2008). King Midas and the Gold. London, England: Usborne.

No comments:

Post a Comment