Wednesday, January 29, 2014

I've Done Final Task!


Through Writing classes, we’ve learned a lot of things. We had essay prep. & essays proper, book reviews & bibliographies, peer-to-peer commentary, and portfolios of our work. We have been busy because of these tasks, but these tasks gave us a lot of opportunities.

For essay prep. & essays, we tried free-writing, mind-mapping, outlining, and drafting. Free-writing is lots of fun because we can write about anything topic. We usually tried mind-mapping first. This taught us a lot of ideas for our essays. After mind-mapping, we decided how to organize our essays, and then tried writing essay prep.. After this, there was peer-to-peer commentary. Thanks to our classmates, we could rewrite better essays. For me, these comments taught me many things, so I tried to rewrite twice. I wrote second essay longer than first essay, of course, last essay was the longest of the three. Second essay was better than first essay, and last essay was the best of all. Through these process, best essay has come.

For book reviews, we tried reading English books, and wrote quotations, summaries, opinions, and recommendations in our reviews. For this task, we went to library and borrowed some books, which is written in English. After reading  a book, we reviewed about it. Through this task, we tried to read English books for the first time. For me, this gave me a lot of opportunities. Until this year, I have never read English books, so this was good. At first, reading English books is difficult for me, but I found reading English books is a lot of fun. I want to continue in the future.

For peer-to-peer commentary, it reminds us of rules of comments. When we comment on our classmates’ posts, we tried to comment with praise, advice, agreement, and so on about articles. It was good for me to care these points. When I received comments, I was pleased, so I tried to comment on classmates’ and peers’ blogs as many as possible. Reading their articles was so interesting because they wrote about a lot of things. Reading their posts taught me a lot of things, so I liked it.

In this year, I’ve learned a lot of things through Writing classes though these tasks were very hard. These experiences will help me in the future.

[381 words]

No comments:

Post a Comment