Wednesday, January 8, 2014

BR 2-12: The Adventures of Tom Sawyer


"Aunt Polly asked me because I'm a very good painter." (p.1)

I have read this story in Japanese and I wrote a report about it. I like Chapter 1 The Fence, of course, this story was in Japanese version. I think this story was in second chapter. It was interesting. Tom is wise. The above word was funny, and I laughed. Reply to this, Ben, his friend, said "I'm a good painter, too. Please, can I paint? I have some fruit. Do you want it?" Tom is really wise. He got a lot of things from his friends, and finished his work quickly. Also, aunt Polly was surprised!

The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (1876) is about a young boy in a small town in the 1800s. This is famous! I recommend you to read this story in various versions. I'll try to read another version in the near future.

[149 words]

Twain, Mark. (2000). The Adventures of Tom Sawyer. Essex, England: Penguin.

No comments:

Post a Comment