Saturday, November 2, 2013

BR 2-07: Mothor Teresa

"Go home and love your family." (p.14)


Though there are a lot of good people in the world, not many of them are world-famous. Mother Teresa was a small, quite nun. She died in 1997 in India, but people in many countries remember me, of course, I've known her. I've read her story in Japanese comic when I was an elementary school students. In addition to this, I've watched recorded TV shows about her. Do you know about her??? In the world, she is famous. People talk about her and they love her. Why? Let's read her story. The answer is here.

I chose this book because I thought that I wanted to read stories about Mother Teresa in English. This story is retold by D'Arcy Adrian-Vallance. This is in the Penguin Readers Beginner and written in British English. Its YL is 1.0, so it is written 2133 words (about 14 pages). Maybe you can read this book for minutes. Reading about Mother Teresa in English is good for English learners I think, and I recommend you to read this book.
 

[181 words]

D'Arcy Adrian-Vallance. (2006). Mother Teresa. Essex, England: Penguin.

No comments:

Post a Comment