Tuesday, June 25, 2013

BR 1-15: The Gift of the Magi and Other Stories

"How can I buy a special Christmas gift for Jim with $1.87? What am I going to do?." (Henry, 2000, p.1)



O. Henry's short stories are very famous. He writes about New York, Texas, Oklahoma... Money and love are often problems and you never know how a story is going to finish! People always remember his writing.

This story is written by O. Henry. O. Henry was William Sydney Porter, a famous short-story writer from the United States, so i
t is written in American English.
This is in the Penguin Readers Beginner, and its YL is 1.2, so it is written 4400 words (about 25 pages). 

I chose this book because I wanted to read more difficult book. My book review is 15th, so I challenged to read it. There are 5 short stories and various levels. I could read some stories easily, but the other stories were difficult to read.  However, these stories are interesting, and I recommend you to read this book.

166 words

Henry, O. (2000). The Gift of the Magi and Other Stories. Essex, England: Penguin.

1 comment:

  1. Your book review looks like matter is difficult.
    Have you seen my BR? It's too easy and kid-friendly books.

    ReplyDelete