Wednesday, June 12, 2013

BR 1-11: The Fireboy

"But from today, the two of you work only for me."(Rabley, 1991, p.15)


This is the story of Hapu. He lives in Ancient Egypt at the time of Queen Cleopatra.
His father, Bak, has a small factory. They are poor people. They need to make money.
One day Bak stops work.
"What is it, father?" Hapu asks. "Is something wrong?"
"I don't know," Bak answers. He closes his eyes.
"It's my head. I can't..." And then he falls on the ground.
"Father!" Hapu runs to Bak and puts one hand under his head.
Will Hapu able to pay for a doctor to visit father?

This story is retold by Stephen Rabley. This is in the Penguin Readers Easystarts. Its YL is 0.8, so it is written 900 words (about 15 pages).
This story is good, and I recommend you to read this book.
143 words
Rabley, Stephen. (1989). The Fireboy. Essex, England: Penguin.

No comments:

Post a Comment